LEADERSHIP AND VOLUNTEERISM
Our all-volunteer, membership organization is run by a Board of Directors which includes officers, committee chairs, committee members, district representatives and at-large board members.
The BVNA funds a variety of initiatives with membership dues, corporate sponsorships and fundraising events. We also seek out grant opportunities as they become available.
General membership meetings are held quarterly, with an annual meeting held in February.
The Bay View Neighborhood Association exists to maximize the quality of life for individuals and families, and to promote economic development in Bay View through activities that facilitate an attractive, safe and diverse neighborhood.
Bay View will remain a welcoming, safe and sustaining environment for its residents and visitors.
- To encourage and promote community pride by providing a forum for neighborhood activity.
- To be a voice for our common neighborhood interest.
- To improve and maintain institutions and facilities serving our neighborhood including parks, schools, public transit, public safety services, and to provide an avenue for neighborhood social activities.
- To inform citizens and facilitate citizen participation in all issues affecting our neighborhood including land use, development, zoning changes, traffic patterns and street modifications.
- To be a resource for new and existing property owners and community members to help impove their personal living environments.
- To promote the welfar and safety of the community.