Communications members help advertise BVNA events and projects and encourage community participation and support. They may be called on to interact with media outlets and publications (The Bay View Compass, Shepherd Express, WMSE, etc.), resident groups, other partnering community organizations, churches, and supporting businesses in promoting BVNA activities.
- editing website content
- writing press releases
- posting tweets on www.twitter.com/bay_view
- assist in promotions, announcements, marketing
- designing ads, posters, etc.
- updating Facebook content
- photographing events and uploading to our Flickr site
Current Communications Committee Chair:
ENVIRONMENT AND TRANSPORTATION
Members of this committee researches and presents information about environmental issues that are of concern and interest to our residents, such as transit, traffic, freeways, bicycle access, rivers, parking, bus lines, traffic lights, cross walks, recycling, and sustainability.
- Monthly meeting to discuss goals, strategies and proposed budget for environmental- and transportation-related projects
- Annual resident survey of parking and transportation issues in Bay View business corridor and residential areas
- Organizing Kinnickinnic River Clean-ups and Beach Clean-ups
Environmental & Transportation Committee Chair:
Led by the Public Spaces Chair, the committee members will research landscaping, ecological, cultural, historical, art, and recreational resources and development, including, but not limited to parks and lots, boulevards, road-sides, sidewalks, and the river and lakefronts. The goal is neighborhood improvement and beautification to enhance the physical environment for Bay View residents to enjoy.
- Meet a minimum of bi-monthly to discuss current and future beautification projects
- Organize and participate in community-wide clean-ups
Current Public Spaces Chair:
The At Large Board members can assist in other committees' activities, or seek to actively involve their own neighborhoods in the association.Current At Large Members: Jon Firle, Christa Marlowe, Luella Dooley-Menet