A message from the Bay View Community Center, in response to COVID-19:
As a response to COVID-19 we are operating a multi-phase outreach program to ensure our participants and neighbors have what they need during this time of "social isolation". Our goal is to show support for our community while adhering to safety protocol to protect the health of our staff, volunteers, and the community at large.
- Beginning this week (The week of March 16th-20th) we will launch our Family Snack Pack program. Families are invited to stop by the Center between the hours of 9:30-12:30 Monday through Saturday to pick up a pre-packed selection of quick grab and go food options. With children not in school, we know that families will need support to enhance their food budgets.
- Our Emergency Food Pantry will remain open. We will be serving the community Tuesdays 4-6:00 and Wednesdays and Fridays 2:30-5:30. Family Snack Packs will be available for pick-up during these hours as well.
- We are serving as a drop off location for supplies including hand sanitizer, formula, diapers, wipes, menstrual products and toilet paper for Full Circle Healing's Lend A Hand Donation Drive. Drop-off hours are the same as our Family Snack Pack hours.
- We invite members of the community to drop off pre-packaged snack products during Family Snack Pack hours or via our Amazon Wish List, which will will be updated shortly. Wish list will include: Protein packed granola and breakfast bars, fruit cups, fruit snacks, pre-packaged crackers and cookies, applesauce pouches. We are looking for shelf stable, no-prep, pre-packaged food as healthy as we can get within those parameters.
- We are also looking for volunteers interested in packing the Snack Packs. We have a Sign Up Genius created for community members who are healthy and feel comfortable with coming in. Will will only have a small number of people in the building at any given time.
- All programming at the Center is cancelled until further notice, many of our parent support groups will be going online and continuing to build community through Facebook Live and Facebook Group interactions. We have a number of ideas we are working on to keep people engaged with their community and find the support they are used to getting here at the Center.
- We are rolling out a call bank for our Senior participants to offer socialization via the phone as well as referrals to services. This may grow as we learn more about their needs and how we can serve them as an organization.
If you have questions or ideas, please let me know! I can be reached easily via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, consider sharing this with others in your network who may benefit from these opportunities or may be able to support our effort. More information will be coming as we roll out these and more initiatives as we continue to carry out the mission of the Bay View Community Center through these uncharted times. Please watch the BVCC Facebook Page for the most up to date developments.
On behalf of myself, our President/CEO Mike Mortell, and our Board of Directors, thank you in advance for your support of the Bay View Community Center and our community support efforts.
Cassie Capriotti, M.S.